November 7, 2011 Minutes
In attendance: Tom Fink, John Watters, Sharon Kaczmarczyk, David Kaczmarczyk, Cameron Blamdahl, Elaine Donoghue, Paul Donoghue, Dorothy Lindlau, Jean Brennan, Aylin Umel, Dana Soderberg, Andrea Bass, Kristin Lind, Gretchen McPherson, Sean Randall, and Katherine Joyce
Attending from the After Prom Committee
Parent advistors: Terri Pearson, Martha Knapp, Terri Saling, Sharon Dixon
Student Advisors: Jessica Pearson, Christopher Knapp, Sarah Moller, Justin Pannell, Rebecca Saling, Veronica Henger, Haley Johnson
Meeting started at 5:59
Last meeting discussion update
- Minutes accepted
Update from the After Prom Committee
The After Prom will be held at Ryan’s Family Amusement this year. The group detailed the fundraising activities they will embark on to pay for this event. SPA will be on hand to help if necessary.
Update from Paul Marble
- Sturgis East had visitors from China who wanted to study high-performing schools. There was some press.
- Parent Teacher conferences for East are the 21st. 6:30 for Junior parents about CAS.
- At West, there was good participation at Parent/Teacher conference
- Grades closed last Friday and will be available on Thursday. The parent portal will let you know what their grades are.
- Winter sports signups are posted on the Sturgis site
- Both schools are participating in food drive for the holidays along with gift giving.
- Surgis STAGE is performing Neil Simon’s Rumors starting Friday, December 16 at the Cape Reperatory Theatre in Brewster. This will be the last one for Anna Botsford at Sturgis East.
- 12th Grade Ambassadors are going over to West to the advisory committees to talk about the importance of holiday gift drives.
- No school this Friday, November 11
- Boys and Girls soccer made States this year
Update from Treasurer Dana Soderberg
- Described the Finances of SPA and passed out a handout detailing the current budget for 2011-2012
Update from SPA President Tom Fink:
- Sports Banquet. SPA was asked to provide coffee for this event. Might be a good idea to buy some large percolators for future events.
- Main St. stroll on December 3. 10-2pm. Needs 6 people to stay during that time. They will get cookies from all grades. Tom suggested using the “town” system for the cookies. [ Sean suggested the After Prom take care of the cookies ]
Update from Secretary Katherine Joyce
Needs help with web site. John Waters volunteered The site will be built in WordPress and will cost $99 per year.
New Sturgis SPA space
Discussed building out the storage space.
Sean Randall auction update
Found a new location at the Resort and Conference Center in Hyannis on March 3rd. It will hold 300 people. They will provide heavy hors’ doeuvres and the room for free. They will charge $15 a head, although the total may be $18 a head. We will need to do a head count. The tickets will go up from $10 to $15 in advance (or $20 at the door). There will be a cash bar. We won’t need to buy software this year, but rather Debbie Luke’s method of using Excel as a way to keep track. The Auction committee will do a save-the-date and also tell parents what the process is for donations.
December 5, 2011
Motion to dismiss at 7:32
Minutes by Katherine Joyce