February 6, 2012 Minutes
In attendance: Tom Fink, Sean Randall, Beverly Moller, Debbie Murphy, John Watters, Sharon Kaczmarczyk, David Sharon Kaczmarczyk, Andrea Bass, Dessi Longinidis, Judy Donn, Gretchen McPherson, Angela A., and Katherine Joyce
Meeting started at 6:00
Last meeting discussion update
- Minutes accepted
Update from the After Prom Committee
Advisor for After Prom Committee came to talk about the event. Need $4k. Ryan’s is asking for $1k deposit. Haven’t started fundraising yet, but plan to.
After some discussion, SPA has decided to fund half of the after-prom, with the hopes that the students will help with the auction.
Update from Paul Marble
- Parent wants to do a brick fundraiser.
- Carolin Lee accompanied students to BU. Responsible for overseeing a large turnout at a dance.
- Nixon continues to make money for nonprofit
- Pam Burke – guidance met with students about PSAT
- Grants – M. Darby was granted $450 grant. Duntly awarded grant for travel opportunities. C. Shea , grant will support pen pal project with Spanish student
- Informational meeting here tomorrow for EF tour to Costa Rica
- Lottery is Friday – Thursday is cutoff date
- 3 scholarships at $500 to be given out this month
Update from SPA President Tom Fink:
- SPA space is done. We’ll look at it after the meeting
Update from Secretary Katherine Joyce
- Talked about the new website. Would like to get it done quickly so that the Auction can use it.
Sean Randall auction update
- The Auction is March 3rd at Cape Cod Resort and Conference Center
- Last year’s auction was a huge success at Tommy Doyle’s
- Email went out to Sturgis students & family
- Need advance tickets sold online
- KJ note – would be good to to upload the materials on the site
- Sean solicited for volunteers for various committees and assignments
March 5, 2012
Motion to dismiss at 8:00
Minutes by Katherine Joyce